Manning seeks presidential pardon, commutation of sentence | News
FORT MEADE, Md. (AP)- An Army private who was convicted of leaking classified documents to Wikileaks is now asking for a presidential pardon.
Chelsea Manning, previously known as Bradley Manning, was ordered to serve 35 years in prison for the crime.
According to the Associated Press, she recently petitioned for pardon and a commutation of sentence.
The Private Manning Support Network has created an online petition, seeking signatures for clemency.
The petition needs to get 100,000 signatures by September 20 in order to reach its goal.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘We are not immune,’ Eighth graders allegedly caught with drugs at local middle school
- Robbery suspect wears fake goatee, mustache as disguise during bank heist
- Arts festivals popping up across the metro
- NEW: Alleged coin burglar caught on tape, police still searching for suspect
- Local college to host rare performance of well known musical masterpiece
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder