Manning seeks presidential pardon, commutation of sentence | News
FORT MEADE, Md. (AP)- An Army private who was convicted of leaking classified documents to Wikileaks is now asking for a presidential pardon.
Chelsea Manning, previously known as Bradley Manning, was ordered to serve 35 years in prison for the crime.
According to the Associated Press, she recently petitioned for pardon and a commutation of sentence.
The Private Manning Support Network has created an online petition, seeking signatures for clemency.
The petition needs to get 100,000 signatures by September 20 in order to reach its goal.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel