Guthrie viaduct bridge back open to traffic | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.–After a large hole on Guthrie’ viaduct bridge forced city officials to close the connection between the city’s east and west sides, crews say the road is finally open to traffic again.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation opened both lanes of traffic Thursday morning on the bridge.
Road crews spent weeks patching the 76-year-old bridge after several holes formed on the structure.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Expand your creativity with a brew in your hand
- How to score free tickets to Tuesday’s Thunder game against Grizzlies
- ‘We are not immune,’ Eighth graders allegedly caught with drugs at local middle school
- Robbery suspect wears fake goatee, mustache as disguise during bank heist
- Arts festivals popping up across the metro
- Memorial runner runs to remember family member lost in bombing
- You won’t believe what a man was driving during a high speed chase
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- UPDATE: Everyone accounted for following massive house fire, investigation continues
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan