Guthrie viaduct bridge back open to traffic | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.–After a large hole on Guthrie’ viaduct bridge forced city officials to close the connection between the city’s east and west sides, crews say the road is finally open to traffic again.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation opened both lanes of traffic Thursday morning on the bridge.
Road crews spent weeks patching the 76-year-old bridge after several holes formed on the structure.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes