Guthrie viaduct bridge back open to traffic | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.–After a large hole on Guthrie’ viaduct bridge forced city officials to close the connection between the city’s east and west sides, crews say the road is finally open to traffic again.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation opened both lanes of traffic Thursday morning on the bridge.
Road crews spent weeks patching the 76-year-old bridge after several holes formed on the structure.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel