Oklahoma State contender for “South’s Best Tailgate” | News
STILLWATER, Okla. – Oklahoma State University is in the top 15 contenders for Southern Living magazine’s “The South’s Best Tailgate.”
You will decide which school wins the title.
“In the South, pre-game celebrations matter as much as what happens on the field,” said Southern Living Editor-in-Chief Lindsay Beirman. “We are asking readers to decide which school best honors our great tradition of Southern Hospitality with the most stylish and spirited spread.”
The winner will be announced at a home game this fall.
Here are the contenders:
Oklahoma State University: A tailgating crowd that has quadrupled in the past decade.
Appalachian State University: Small conference. Big spirit. Plus, a scenic mountain setting.
Clemson University: Can the 2012 winner clinch the title once again?
Florida State University: Palm trees and Florida sunshine. Jealous?
Louisiana State University: LSU kneauxs how to have fun. Bring on the crawfish!
Marshall University: The Thundering Herd goes big – and home and away.
Texas A&M University: Johnny Football can play the game. But can he tailgate?
University of Alabama: No ticket? No problem. Thousands come for the pre-game action.
University of Georgia: Game day is serious in Athens, and not just between the hedges.
University of Mississippi: The Grove at Ole Miss finished a close second in our 2012 contest.
University of Tennessee: Have riverfront stadium, will tailgate – on boats.
University of Texas: Don’t mess with the Longhorns’ Texas-size tailgates.
Vanderbilt University: Preppy tailgate central: bow ties, blazers, and pearls.
Virginia Tech: Hospitality reigns: Away fans always feel welcome.
West Virginia University: Coonskin caps and crowds in perpetual John Denver sing-along.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Districts: Snow days don’t affect finances, A-F grading system
- Scammers use frigid temps to attempt to con residents, businesses
- Oklahoma native faces challenge to eat healthy on busy schedule tonight on NBC’s The Biggest Loser
- Lawmakers file “Merry Christmas” bill for 2014
- UPDATE: Large earthquake hits near Jones; Earthquakes becoming more prevalent in Oklahoma
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement