Former trooper sentenced to jail time for assault | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.– A former Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper has been sentenced to jail time after pleading guilty to a charge of assault against an inmate.
Patrick Venable, 29, was facing second-degree rape charges after he was accused of taking a woman into custody on suspicion of DUI, taking her to her home and having sex with her.
Venable pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of aggravated assault and battery.
A judge sentenced him to 90 days in the Logan County jail, fines and court costs and 100 hours of community service.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Kevin Durant’s restaurant ‘KD’s Southern Cuisine’ opens in Bricktown tonight
- Today is last day to return Angel Tree gifts to Salvation Army at Quail Springs, Penn Square malls
- Districts: Snow days don’t affect finances, A-F grading system
- Scammers use frigid temps to attempt to con residents, businesses
- Oklahoma native faces challenge to eat healthy on busy schedule tonight on NBC’s The Biggest Loser
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged car thief
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed