Former trooper sentenced to jail time for assault | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.– A former Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper has been sentenced to jail time after pleading guilty to a charge of assault against an inmate.
Patrick Venable, 29, was facing second-degree rape charges after he was accused of taking a woman into custody on suspicion of DUI, taking her to her home and having sex with her.
Venable pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of aggravated assault and battery.
A judge sentenced him to 90 days in the Logan County jail, fines and court costs and 100 hours of community service.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘We are not immune,’ Eighth graders allegedly caught with drugs at local middle school
- Robbery suspect wears fake goatee, mustache as disguise during bank heist
- Arts festivals popping up across the metro
- NEW: Alleged coin burglar caught on tape, police still searching for suspect
- Local college to host rare performance of well known musical masterpiece
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder