Former trooper sentenced to jail time for assault | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.– A former Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper has been sentenced to jail time after pleading guilty to a charge of assault against an inmate.
Patrick Venable, 29, was facing second-degree rape charges after he was accused of taking a woman into custody on suspicion of DUI, taking her to her home and having sex with her.
Venable pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of aggravated assault and battery.
A judge sentenced him to 90 days in the Logan County jail, fines and court costs and 100 hours of community service.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel