Former trooper sentenced to jail time for assault | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.– A former Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper has been sentenced to jail time after pleading guilty to a charge of assault against an inmate.
Patrick Venable, 29, was facing second-degree rape charges after he was accused of taking a woman into custody on suspicion of DUI, taking her to her home and having sex with her.
Venable pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of aggravated assault and battery.
A judge sentenced him to 90 days in the Logan County jail, fines and court costs and 100 hours of community service.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property