After admitting to inappropriate behavior, man changes his plea | News
GUTHRIE- A Logan County man accused of sex crimes with kids is asking to change his guilty plea, according to court documents. Danny Floyd Garrett, 50, submitted a handwritten note asking for a change of plea and a new lawyer.
Court documents show Garrett entered a guilty plea June 20th and admitted to inappropriate behavior with two kids under the age of 12 and possession of child pornography. He was sentenced to 30 years in prison.
In his letter, Garrett explained that he was upset with his legal team.
Garrett’s attorneys could not be reached for comment. The Logan County District Attorney’s Office said there will be a hearing next month and a judge will decide what happens with Garrett’s request.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff