After admitting to inappropriate behavior, man changes his plea | News
GUTHRIE- A Logan County man accused of sex crimes with kids is asking to change his guilty plea, according to court documents. Danny Floyd Garrett, 50, submitted a handwritten note asking for a change of plea and a new lawyer.
Court documents show Garrett entered a guilty plea June 20th and admitted to inappropriate behavior with two kids under the age of 12 and possession of child pornography. He was sentenced to 30 years in prison.
In his letter, Garrett explained that he was upset with his legal team.
Garrett’s attorneys could not be reached for comment. The Logan County District Attorney’s Office said there will be a hearing next month and a judge will decide what happens with Garrett’s request.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes