After admitting to inappropriate behavior, man changes his plea | News
GUTHRIE- A Logan County man accused of sex crimes with kids is asking to change his guilty plea, according to court documents. Danny Floyd Garrett, 50, submitted a handwritten note asking for a change of plea and a new lawyer.
Court documents show Garrett entered a guilty plea June 20th and admitted to inappropriate behavior with two kids under the age of 12 and possession of child pornography. He was sentenced to 30 years in prison.
In his letter, Garrett explained that he was upset with his legal team.
Garrett’s attorneys could not be reached for comment. The Logan County District Attorney’s Office said there will be a hearing next month and a judge will decide what happens with Garrett’s request.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured