Bin Laden accessed information from military leak | News
FORT MEADE, Md.– The case against an Oklahoma soldier, who is accused of providing classified information to WikiLeaks, continues Wednesday.
Army Private Bradley Manning’s court-martial resumes at Fort Meade.
Prosecutors say Manning handed over thousands of classified documents to the website.
According to evidence presented Tuesday, the more than 700,000 reports contained sensitive information about military operations and tactics.
Experts say those documents included code words and the name of at least one enemy target.
Prosecutors say even Osama Bin Laden was able to get his hands on this information at one point.
If convicted, Manning could face life in prison.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff