Teen drowns during swim with friends in Guthrie | News
GUTHRIE, Okla. – A teen boy drowns after a swim with friends in Guthrie.
Police said he boy went under at about 5 p.m. Monday.
The 14-year-old boy was swimming to a valve out in the lake.
Lt. Mark Bruning with Guthrie Police said it was a dangerous undertaking.
“The water is extremely cold,” he said. “We don’t recommend that at any time of year because it’s a pretty good swim let alone when the water is cold. Plus, we don’t know what kind of swimmer he was. “
Rescue crews and divers looked for almost two hours and found the body in the water.
The victim’s name has not been released.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘We are not immune,’ Eighth graders allegedly caught with drugs at local middle school
- Robbery suspect wears fake goatee, mustache as disguise during bank heist
- Arts festivals popping up across the metro
- NEW: Alleged coin burglar caught on tape, police still searching for suspect
- Local college to host rare performance of well known musical masterpiece
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder