Teen drowns during swim with friends in Guthrie | News
GUTHRIE, Okla. – A teen boy drowns after a swim with friends in Guthrie.
Police said he boy went under at about 5 p.m. Monday.
The 14-year-old boy was swimming to a valve out in the lake.
Lt. Mark Bruning with Guthrie Police said it was a dangerous undertaking.
“The water is extremely cold,” he said. “We don’t recommend that at any time of year because it’s a pretty good swim let alone when the water is cold. Plus, we don’t know what kind of swimmer he was. “
Rescue crews and divers looked for almost two hours and found the body in the water.
The victim’s name has not been released.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New meditation tool helps Oklahoma students through finals week
- Kevin Durant’s restaurant ‘KD’s Southern Cuisine’ opens in Bricktown tonight
- Today is last day to return Angel Tree gifts to Salvation Army at Quail Springs, Penn Square malls
- Districts: Snow days don’t affect finances, A-F grading system
- Scammers use frigid temps to attempt to con residents, businesses
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area