Teen drowns during swim with friends in Guthrie | News
GUTHRIE, Okla. – A teen boy drowns after a swim with friends in Guthrie.
Police said he boy went under at about 5 p.m. Monday.
The 14-year-old boy was swimming to a valve out in the lake.
Lt. Mark Bruning with Guthrie Police said it was a dangerous undertaking.
“The water is extremely cold,” he said. “We don’t recommend that at any time of year because it’s a pretty good swim let alone when the water is cold. Plus, we don’t know what kind of swimmer he was. “
Rescue crews and divers looked for almost two hours and found the body in the water.
The victim’s name has not been released.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Traffic to one lane after Edmond bicycle accident near Broadway & E. 15th St.
- Waterline improvements to affect Edmond drivers
- UPDATE: Bomb squad gives all clear after unattended suitcase found at UCO
- ‘Bridge rehabilitation project’ to disrupt weekend travel plans for drivers
- UPDATE: Police locate teen in connection to attack on grandfather
- Semi accident seriously injures at least one on I-40 EB near south MLK Ave.
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs