Police release identity of deputy involved in hoax | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.—Officials in Logan County have released the identity of a former reserve deputy who is accused of making up a bizarre story about an intruder breaking into his home.
Monday, 32-year-old Adam Striegel said he’d been stabbed by a man he found inside his home.
The former reserve deputy allegedly fired one shot at the intruder as the man ran from the home.
The call prompted a lock-down of Guthrie schools in the area and a manhunt involving numerous law enforcement agencies.
Authorities later determined it was all a hoax.
It will now be up to the Logan County District Attorney to decide whether or not to file charges.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes