Police release identity of deputy involved in hoax | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.—Officials in Logan County have released the identity of a former reserve deputy who is accused of making up a bizarre story about an intruder breaking into his home.
Monday, 32-year-old Adam Striegel said he’d been stabbed by a man he found inside his home.
The former reserve deputy allegedly fired one shot at the intruder as the man ran from the home.
The call prompted a lock-down of Guthrie schools in the area and a manhunt involving numerous law enforcement agencies.
Authorities later determined it was all a hoax.
It will now be up to the Logan County District Attorney to decide whether or not to file charges.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel