Police release identity of deputy involved in hoax | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.—Officials in Logan County have released the identity of a former reserve deputy who is accused of making up a bizarre story about an intruder breaking into his home.
Monday, 32-year-old Adam Striegel said he’d been stabbed by a man he found inside his home.
The former reserve deputy allegedly fired one shot at the intruder as the man ran from the home.
The call prompted a lock-down of Guthrie schools in the area and a manhunt involving numerous law enforcement agencies.
Authorities later determined it was all a hoax.
It will now be up to the Logan County District Attorney to decide whether or not to file charges.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Run Lizard Creek announces MUD MAYhem race on May 31st.
- Edmond married couple helps international students in numerous ways
- Local fraternity jumping 80 hours for children with cancer
- Traffic to one lane after Edmond bicycle accident near Broadway & E. 15th St.
- Waterline improvements to affect Edmond drivers
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs
- Crews respond to house fire in Northwest Oklahoma City
- 14 arrested in local prostitution sting
- UPDATE: Authorities cancel Silver Alert for missing woman