Police release identity of deputy involved in hoax | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.—Officials in Logan County have released the identity of a former reserve deputy who is accused of making up a bizarre story about an intruder breaking into his home.
Monday, 32-year-old Adam Striegel said he’d been stabbed by a man he found inside his home.
The former reserve deputy allegedly fired one shot at the intruder as the man ran from the home.
The call prompted a lock-down of Guthrie schools in the area and a manhunt involving numerous law enforcement agencies.
Authorities later determined it was all a hoax.
It will now be up to the Logan County District Attorney to decide whether or not to file charges.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured