Celebrities protest Keystone Pipeline | News
WASHINGTON—A few celebrities took to the streets outside the White House to protest a pipeline that will be running straight through the Sooner State.
The group staged a protest over the Keystone XL Pipeline and government inaction on climate change.
While many of the protesters were regular citizens, actress Darryl Hannah and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. also arrived to show their support.
Authorities arrested the group and charged them with civil disobedience.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder
- 6-year-old killed after fire destroys grandparents’ home in southwest Oklahoma City
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured