Celebrities protest Keystone Pipeline | News
WASHINGTON—A few celebrities took to the streets outside the White House to protest a pipeline that will be running straight through the Sooner State.
The group staged a protest over the Keystone XL Pipeline and government inaction on climate change.
While many of the protesters were regular citizens, actress Darryl Hannah and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. also arrived to show their support.
Authorities arrested the group and charged them with civil disobedience.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- NEW: One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs