Celebrities protest Keystone Pipeline | News
WASHINGTON—A few celebrities took to the streets outside the White House to protest a pipeline that will be running straight through the Sooner State.
The group staged a protest over the Keystone XL Pipeline and government inaction on climate change.
While many of the protesters were regular citizens, actress Darryl Hannah and Robert F. Kennedy Jr. also arrived to show their support.
Authorities arrested the group and charged them with civil disobedience.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New meditation tool helps Oklahoma students through finals week
- Kevin Durant’s restaurant ‘KD’s Southern Cuisine’ opens in Bricktown tonight
- Today is last day to return Angel Tree gifts to Salvation Army at Quail Springs, Penn Square malls
- Districts: Snow days don’t affect finances, A-F grading system
- Scammers use frigid temps to attempt to con residents, businesses
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors
- New bill would prevent teens from accessing e-cigarettes
- City crews overwhelmed while on pothole patrol
- Firefighters fill truck with Christmas gifts for kids in DHS custody
- Alleged smash and grab burglar causes more damage to business than just stolen items
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area