Guthrie brings in Mumford and Sons | News
GUTHRIE, Okla. – Guthrie is one of three U.S. cities selected by the band, Mumford and Sons, for its “Gentlemen of the Road Stopover” shows this summer.
Tickets go on sale this Friday, only 25,000 are for sale.
You can catch the show Sept. 6 and 7 at the Guthrie Cottonwood Flats.
The band is big time; they’ve received 12 Grammy nominations, six this year alone.
Mumford and Sons picks only a handful of cities, ones that aren’t frequented by those big touring bands.
Last year’s visit to Bristol, Tenn., brought in a $four million economic impact.
Mumford and Sons won’t be the only act.
They’ll be joined by Edward Sharpe, the Magnetic Zeros, the Vaccines and other names.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff