Guthrie brings in Mumford and Sons | News
GUTHRIE, Okla. – Guthrie is one of three U.S. cities selected by the band, Mumford and Sons, for its “Gentlemen of the Road Stopover” shows this summer.
Tickets go on sale this Friday, only 25,000 are for sale.
You can catch the show Sept. 6 and 7 at the Guthrie Cottonwood Flats.
The band is big time; they’ve received 12 Grammy nominations, six this year alone.
Mumford and Sons picks only a handful of cities, ones that aren’t frequented by those big touring bands.
Last year’s visit to Bristol, Tenn., brought in a $four million economic impact.
Mumford and Sons won’t be the only act.
They’ll be joined by Edward Sharpe, the Magnetic Zeros, the Vaccines and other names.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes