Guthrie brings in Mumford and Sons | News
GUTHRIE, Okla. – Guthrie is one of three U.S. cities selected by the band, Mumford and Sons, for its “Gentlemen of the Road Stopover” shows this summer.
Tickets go on sale this Friday, only 25,000 are for sale.
You can catch the show Sept. 6 and 7 at the Guthrie Cottonwood Flats.
The band is big time; they’ve received 12 Grammy nominations, six this year alone.
Mumford and Sons picks only a handful of cities, ones that aren’t frequented by those big touring bands.
Last year’s visit to Bristol, Tenn., brought in a $four million economic impact.
Mumford and Sons won’t be the only act.
They’ll be joined by Edward Sharpe, the Magnetic Zeros, the Vaccines and other names.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property
- Pet saves family in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- ‘It’s a perfect storm;’ What homeowners can do about higher property taxes