Man arrested for blackmailing former girlfriend | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.—A registered sex offender is back behind bars after being accused of blackmailing his ex-girlfriend.
Authorities say 27-year-old Brandon Whitson is charged with violating the Computer Crimes Act and stalking.
Deputies in Logan County say Whitson threatened to post obscene pictures of his former girlfriend unless she gave him pornographic pictures of herself.
When she didn’t comply with his demands, he allegedly posted photos of her on a Hungarian porn site.
In addition to the pictures, he also added her personal information, including her name, address and phone number.
Investigators believe this is not the first time Whitson has blackmailed victims for photos.
If you have any information on this crime, you are asked to call the Logan County Sheriff’s Office at (405) 282-1500.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks
- State representative introducing “Merry Christmas” legislation
- Malls increase security to make sure shoppers are safe
- One victim treated, one in custody after stabbing at Penn Square Mall
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog
- No arrests, suspects after man found shot to death in driveway