Man arrested for blackmailing former girlfriend | News
GUTHRIE, Okla.—A registered sex offender is back behind bars after being accused of blackmailing his ex-girlfriend.
Authorities say 27-year-old Brandon Whitson is charged with violating the Computer Crimes Act and stalking.
Deputies in Logan County say Whitson threatened to post obscene pictures of his former girlfriend unless she gave him pornographic pictures of herself.
When she didn’t comply with his demands, he allegedly posted photos of her on a Hungarian porn site.
In addition to the pictures, he also added her personal information, including her name, address and phone number.
Investigators believe this is not the first time Whitson has blackmailed victims for photos.
If you have any information on this crime, you are asked to call the Logan County Sheriff’s Office at (405) 282-1500.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed