Police looking for AWOL Guardsman, accused scammer | News
GUTHRIE, Okla. – Nicholas Heskett is a man police in Logan County said they know well, very well.
“He is a known drug user in the area and he has had charges for that in the past,” Richard Stevens said, Logan County Sheriff’s Office.
But this time, Logan County deputies said Heskett is using his service as a National Guardsman to fool people.
They said he’s asking them for donations for wounded soldiers as well as money for care packages to be sent to troops overseas.
They said he’s done this for a least two weeks and has made hundreds of dollars.
“We want to make sure that people are aware of him and be on the lookout for him and report to us any time the military comes to their door asking for donations; the military does not do that,” Stevens said. “He has been AWOL from the National Guard for a number of months and they are in the process of out-processing him for that.”
Police said there may be more victims they are unaware of and are asking those people to contact authorities.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel