Okla. counselor charged with Medicaid fraud | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—A local youth and family counselor gave herself up to authorities Monday after authorities claim she charged the government for counseling sessions that never took place.
Authorities say 30-year-old Misty Bobbie Dee Ellerby, of Langston, was charged with one count of Medicaid fraud for submitting false claims for payment to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority.
Officials say an investigation revealed that Ellerby was billing for counseling sessions that never occurred.
Parents reviewed the records and noted that on some dates, their children were in school when the alleged appointments took place.
Ellerby was employed by Demson Counseling & Associates, Inc., which is no longer in business.
If convicted of fraud, Ellerby could receive up to 3 years in prison, a fine up to $10,000 or three times the amount of claims submitted.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel