Okla. counselor charged with Medicaid fraud | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—A local youth and family counselor gave herself up to authorities Monday after authorities claim she charged the government for counseling sessions that never took place.
Authorities say 30-year-old Misty Bobbie Dee Ellerby, of Langston, was charged with one count of Medicaid fraud for submitting false claims for payment to the Oklahoma Health Care Authority.
Officials say an investigation revealed that Ellerby was billing for counseling sessions that never occurred.
Parents reviewed the records and noted that on some dates, their children were in school when the alleged appointments took place.
Ellerby was employed by Demson Counseling & Associates, Inc., which is no longer in business.
If convicted of fraud, Ellerby could receive up to 3 years in prison, a fine up to $10,000 or three times the amount of claims submitted.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes