OKC officer killed in Logan Co. crash | News
Police are investigating a tragic accident that claimed the life of an Oklahoma City police officer early Wednesday morning.
Authorities were called to an accident around 2:30 a.m. one mile north of Waterloo Rd. on Western Ave.
Logan County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene to find a gruesome scene.
Officers say 30-year-old Amber Brown was driving northbound on Western Ave. when her vehicle left the roadway.
It crashed just off of the road, killing Brown and her passenger.
Authorities have since learned that her passenger, 39-year-old Steven Elsass, was a sergeant with the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Sgt. Elsass spent 12 years on the force.
Western Ave. had to be shut down for some time while officials conducted their investigation.
Police say they believe Brown was driving too fast and lost control of the vehicle.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel