OKC officer killed in Logan Co. crash | News
Police are investigating a tragic accident that claimed the life of an Oklahoma City police officer early Wednesday morning.
Authorities were called to an accident around 2:30 a.m. one mile north of Waterloo Rd. on Western Ave.
Logan County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene to find a gruesome scene.
Officers say 30-year-old Amber Brown was driving northbound on Western Ave. when her vehicle left the roadway.
It crashed just off of the road, killing Brown and her passenger.
Authorities have since learned that her passenger, 39-year-old Steven Elsass, was a sergeant with the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Sgt. Elsass spent 12 years on the force.
Western Ave. had to be shut down for some time while officials conducted their investigation.
Police say they believe Brown was driving too fast and lost control of the vehicle.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property