OKC officer killed in Logan Co. crash | News
Police are investigating a tragic accident that claimed the life of an Oklahoma City police officer early Wednesday morning.
Authorities were called to an accident around 2:30 a.m. one mile north of Waterloo Rd. on Western Ave.
Logan County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene to find a gruesome scene.
Officers say 30-year-old Amber Brown was driving northbound on Western Ave. when her vehicle left the roadway.
It crashed just off of the road, killing Brown and her passenger.
Authorities have since learned that her passenger, 39-year-old Steven Elsass, was a sergeant with the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Sgt. Elsass spent 12 years on the force.
Western Ave. had to be shut down for some time while officials conducted their investigation.
Police say they believe Brown was driving too fast and lost control of the vehicle.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- ‘We are not immune,’ Eighth graders allegedly caught with drugs at local middle school
- Robbery suspect wears fake goatee, mustache as disguise during bank heist
- Arts festivals popping up across the metro
- NEW: Alleged coin burglar caught on tape, police still searching for suspect
- Local college to host rare performance of well known musical masterpiece
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder