OKC officer killed in Logan Co. crash | News
Police are investigating a tragic accident that claimed the life of an Oklahoma City police officer early Wednesday morning.
Authorities were called to an accident around 2:30 a.m. one mile north of Waterloo Rd. on Western Ave.
Logan County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene to find a gruesome scene.
Officers say 30-year-old Amber Brown was driving northbound on Western Ave. when her vehicle left the roadway.
It crashed just off of the road, killing Brown and her passenger.
Authorities have since learned that her passenger, 39-year-old Steven Elsass, was a sergeant with the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Sgt. Elsass spent 12 years on the force.
Western Ave. had to be shut down for some time while officials conducted their investigation.
Police say they believe Brown was driving too fast and lost control of the vehicle.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New meditation tool helps Oklahoma students through finals week
- Kevin Durant’s restaurant ‘KD’s Southern Cuisine’ opens in Bricktown tonight
- Today is last day to return Angel Tree gifts to Salvation Army at Quail Springs, Penn Square malls
- Districts: Snow days don’t affect finances, A-F grading system
- Scammers use frigid temps to attempt to con residents, businesses
- Free holiday cheer at Brad Edwards Warmth 4 Winter wonderland at Chesapeake
- UPDATE: Protesters stage mock oil spill outside Devon Tower, chain selves to revolving doors
- New bill would prevent teens from accessing e-cigarettes
- City crews overwhelmed while on pothole patrol
- Firefighters fill truck with Christmas gifts for kids in DHS custody
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area