Guards testify against OK Army private | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Defense attorneys for an Oklahoma Army private who is accused of leaking classified information to the public are calling for all charges to be dismissed.
Pfc. Bradley Manning is charged with sending hundreds of thousands of secret documents to the anti-secrecy website, Wikileaks.
Saturday, former guards at the Marine Corps. Brigade testified against Manning.
Manning claims his nine months in isolation was illegal punishment and the case should be dismissed.
However, the guards claim the restrictions were in place to prevent Manning from hurting himself.
He currently faces 22 counts, including aiding the enemy and violating the Espionage Act.
If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Heading downtown? Multiple road closures could disturb your commute
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property