Guards testify against OK Army private | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Defense attorneys for an Oklahoma Army private who is accused of leaking classified information to the public are calling for all charges to be dismissed.
Pfc. Bradley Manning is charged with sending hundreds of thousands of secret documents to the anti-secrecy website, Wikileaks.
Saturday, former guards at the Marine Corps. Brigade testified against Manning.
Manning claims his nine months in isolation was illegal punishment and the case should be dismissed.
However, the guards claim the restrictions were in place to prevent Manning from hurting himself.
He currently faces 22 counts, including aiding the enemy and violating the Espionage Act.
If convicted, he could be sentenced to life in prison.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- New meditation tool helps Oklahoma students through finals week
- Kevin Durant’s restaurant ‘KD’s Southern Cuisine’ opens in Bricktown tonight
- Today is last day to return Angel Tree gifts to Salvation Army at Quail Springs, Penn Square malls
- Districts: Snow days don’t affect finances, A-F grading system
- Scammers use frigid temps to attempt to con residents, businesses
- New bill would prevent teens from accessing e-cigarettes
- City crews overwhelmed while on pothole patrol
- Firefighters fill truck with Christmas gifts for kids in DHS custody
- Alleged smash and grab burglar causes more damage to business than just stolen items
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Man charged after allegedly attempting to steal from Wal-Mart, pulls knife on security
- Police follow footprints in the snow to find alleged thief, warning others of cold weather crimes
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area