Guthrie discontinues 'red tag' service | News
Residents in Guthrie will not be getting extra reminders when it comes to discontinuance of service.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2013, the city will stop the 'red tag' service.
The service consists of employees hanging red tags stating that service will be disconnected the following day if payment is not made on your utility bill.
Officials say they hope their employees could be more useful in other areas.
Beginning in January, residents will receive a bill on the first of the month. You will then have until the 15th to pay your bill before a $5 fee is added.
The next business day after the 15th, a final notice will be mailed.
Inside the final notice, the date of the 'last day to pay' and 'disconnect' date will be noted.
That will be the final notice before service is actually disconnected.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run
- OKC police warn parents after possible attempted abduction of student
- Lanes back open after car rolls near I-240 and I-40 bridge, injuries unknown
- Residents ticketed for parking on their own property