Guthrie discontinues 'red tag' service | News
Residents in Guthrie will not be getting extra reminders when it comes to discontinuance of service.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2013, the city will stop the 'red tag' service.
The service consists of employees hanging red tags stating that service will be disconnected the following day if payment is not made on your utility bill.
Officials say they hope their employees could be more useful in other areas.
Beginning in January, residents will receive a bill on the first of the month. You will then have until the 15th to pay your bill before a $5 fee is added.
The next business day after the 15th, a final notice will be mailed.
Inside the final notice, the date of the 'last day to pay' and 'disconnect' date will be noted.
That will be the final notice before service is actually disconnected.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Salvation Army gets mysterious and generous gold coin donation
- Police asking help identifying man accused in series of Oklahoma City robberies
- Oklahoma Turnpike Authority has new road-clearing weapon ready for predicted winter storms
- Parents calling for more security after teen says she was jumped following school basketball game
- Police car crashes while following suspect through OKC, one in custody
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes
- Four recovering after being involved in wrecks related to fog
- No arrests, suspects after man found shot to death in driveway
- Crews investigating cause of S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, woman escaped flames
- Bags of dead dogs dumped in rural Okla. neighborhood