Guthrie discontinues 'red tag' service | News
Residents in Guthrie will not be getting extra reminders when it comes to discontinuance of service.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2013, the city will stop the 'red tag' service.
The service consists of employees hanging red tags stating that service will be disconnected the following day if payment is not made on your utility bill.
Officials say they hope their employees could be more useful in other areas.
Beginning in January, residents will receive a bill on the first of the month. You will then have until the 15th to pay your bill before a $5 fee is added.
The next business day after the 15th, a final notice will be mailed.
Inside the final notice, the date of the 'last day to pay' and 'disconnect' date will be noted.
That will be the final notice before service is actually disconnected.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire