Guthrie discontinues 'red tag' service | News
Residents in Guthrie will not be getting extra reminders when it comes to discontinuance of service.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2013, the city will stop the 'red tag' service.
The service consists of employees hanging red tags stating that service will be disconnected the following day if payment is not made on your utility bill.
Officials say they hope their employees could be more useful in other areas.
Beginning in January, residents will receive a bill on the first of the month. You will then have until the 15th to pay your bill before a $5 fee is added.
The next business day after the 15th, a final notice will be mailed.
Inside the final notice, the date of the 'last day to pay' and 'disconnect' date will be noted.
That will be the final notice before service is actually disconnected.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- How to score free tickets to Tuesday’s Thunder game against Grizzlies
- ‘We are not immune,’ Eighth graders allegedly caught with drugs at local middle school
- Robbery suspect wears fake goatee, mustache as disguise during bank heist
- Arts festivals popping up across the metro
- NEW: Alleged coin burglar caught on tape, police still searching for suspect
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- JOB SEEKERS: Metro company seeking those who enjoy fresh air & outdoors
- Handgun heist in Choctaw has police searching for alleged gun thief
- Officials on the hunt for two suspected bank robbers in south OKC
- Dozens of sheriffs express disdain for new DOC plan
- Eighth suspect arrested in Logan County murder