Council to discuss adding to immediate family | Families
The Guthrie City Council will now begin discussing the possibility of changing the definition of an immediate family member.
An item on the agenda asks the council to consider adding grandparents to the definition of immediate family for time off of work requests.
In case of a funeral or family emergency for an immediate family member, city employees are allowed paid time off.
However, the city's policy currently does not include grandparents.
If a grandparent were to become ill or pass, the employee would be required to use vacation time to attend a funeral.
The council will meet on Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 7 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel