Council to discuss adding to immediate family | Families
The Guthrie City Council will now begin discussing the possibility of changing the definition of an immediate family member.
An item on the agenda asks the council to consider adding grandparents to the definition of immediate family for time off of work requests.
In case of a funeral or family emergency for an immediate family member, city employees are allowed paid time off.
However, the city's policy currently does not include grandparents.
If a grandparent were to become ill or pass, the employee would be required to use vacation time to attend a funeral.
The council will meet on Tuesday, Dec. 4 at 7 p.m.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- NEW: One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum