Licorice festival brings sweet treats to Guthrie | Events
If you are craving a few sweet treats this week, a local candy shop has just the thing you are looking for.
Aunt Gertrude’s House will be celebrating National Licorice Week with the “6th Annual Festival of Licorice” on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 through Sunday, April 22, 2012.
From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., visitors will be able to enjoy licorice from around the world, sampling the salty to the sweet, along with trying licorice treats.
Workers at the candy shop have made delicious creations like licorice ice cream, licorice coffee, licorice tea and licorice root beer.
Tastes are free for guests.
For more information, call (405) 260-2345 or stop by Aunt Gertrude’s, located at 112 E. Oklahoma in Guthrie.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Where to celebrate St. Patty’s day in OKC
- Expect full flights and packed airports next week
- I-40 closing for “roadway testing” between Choctaw Rd. & Pott. County line this afternoon
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff