Licorice festival brings sweet treats to Guthrie | Events
If you are craving a few sweet treats this week, a local candy shop has just the thing you are looking for.
Aunt Gertrude’s House will be celebrating National Licorice Week with the “6th Annual Festival of Licorice” on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 through Sunday, April 22, 2012.
From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., visitors will be able to enjoy licorice from around the world, sampling the salty to the sweet, along with trying licorice treats.
Workers at the candy shop have made delicious creations like licorice ice cream, licorice coffee, licorice tea and licorice root beer.
Tastes are free for guests.
For more information, call (405) 260-2345 or stop by Aunt Gertrude’s, located at 112 E. Oklahoma in Guthrie.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Districts: Snow days don’t affect finances, A-F grading system
- Scammers use frigid temps to attempt to con residents, businesses
- Oklahoma native faces challenge to eat healthy on busy schedule tonight on NBC’s The Biggest Loser
- Lawmakers file “Merry Christmas” bill for 2014
- UPDATE: Large earthquake hits near Jones; Earthquakes becoming more prevalent in Oklahoma
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Choctaw woman claims she was ripped off by driveway paver
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement