Licorice festival brings sweet treats to Guthrie | Events
If you are craving a few sweet treats this week, a local candy shop has just the thing you are looking for.
Aunt Gertrude’s House will be celebrating National Licorice Week with the “6th Annual Festival of Licorice” on Wednesday, April 18, 2012 through Sunday, April 22, 2012.
From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., visitors will be able to enjoy licorice from around the world, sampling the salty to the sweet, along with trying licorice treats.
Workers at the candy shop have made delicious creations like licorice ice cream, licorice coffee, licorice tea and licorice root beer.
Tastes are free for guests.
For more information, call (405) 260-2345 or stop by Aunt Gertrude’s, located at 112 E. Oklahoma in Guthrie.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Officials investigating if teen boy really did ride to Hawaii in plane’s landing gear
- Car slams into Oklahoma City school bus, no one seriously injured
- Man burned, family without home after Easter fire
- Heading downtown for the game tonight? Here are the routes to avoid:
- Police warning residents, businesses of alleged “fence cutter” still on the run