Free trees available for Logan Co. residents | Environment
If you are wanting to look out your window and see the fall leaves changing colors, you may want to add a stop to the Logan County Fairgrounds on your to-do list next week.
The Guthrie Forestry Advisory Board will be holding a free tree give-away on Saturday, October 15, 2011.
The give-away will be held at the Logan County Fairgrounds beginning at 8 a.m.
Visitors can choose from 1,500 trees that will be a mixture of Maple, Pine, Oak, Spruce and Redbud.
Organizers say residents are limited to five trees per household.
The give-away is open to all Logan County residents who have proof of residency.
The Logan County Fairgrounds is located at 1201 South Division.
For more information, visit the city's website.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel