Deputy lies about intruder, stabbing | Crime
GUTHRIE, Okla. — A Logan County reserve deputy is accused of lying about a shooting involving an intruder inside the deputy’s home.
Guthrie Police said they now believe there wasn’t an intruder and the assault was fabricated.
“We believed we needed to fill in some blanks with the victim and then when we talked to him it came out that it was all made up,” Det. Mark Bruning said.
Around 8:30 a.m. Monday, police rushed to the home of the deputy on the 300 block of E. Mansur.
The deputy claimed he was letting his dogs outside when he found an intruder in his kitchen.
He told authorities the intruder had grabbed a knife off the counter and stabbed him in the arm.
The deputy claimed he grabbed his gun and fired but missed the intruder.
The incident lead to a search of the neighborhood.
“Regardless of what the reasoning behind it was, it still didn’t happen,” Bruning said. “We don’t have a person breaking into houses in Guthrie stabbing homeowners.”
The reserve deputy has not been arrested.
Officials said they will be submitting their evidence to the district attorney for review.
The Logan County Sheriff’s Office has terminated the deputy.
A sheriff’s official said “This is an unfortunate incident, but must be dealt with firmly.”
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel