Guthrie High student arrested for shooting threats | Crime
GUTHRIE, Okla. – Police have arrested a Guthrie High School student for threatening a shooting at the school Monday.
School officials said the student made terroristic threats Friday and was suspended Monday morning.
Authorities are treating the student as a minor and have not released his identity or any details of the investigation.
Police and school officials were on high alert and had officers at every area school.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Districts: Snow days don’t affect finances, A-F grading system
- Scammers use frigid temps to attempt to con residents, businesses
- Oklahoma native faces challenge to eat healthy on busy schedule tonight on NBC’s The Biggest Loser
- Lawmakers file “Merry Christmas” bill for 2014
- UPDATE: Large earthquake hits near Jones; Earthquakes becoming more prevalent in Oklahoma
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Geological Survey confirms 2.4 magnitude quake north of Luther Tuesday
- 3.0 magnitude earthquake recorded near Jones area
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured