Victorian times come to Guthrie celebration | Arts & Culture
Visitors to Guthrie will be able to go back in time with a unique Christmas celebration.
"A Territorial Christmas Celebration" will consist of a live theatre production, tours of historic homes and live performances throughout the month.
The Pollard Theatre will present "A Territorial Christmas Carol: An Oklahoma Tradition" to get everyone into the spirit.
Guests can also watch as decorated floats covered in lights make their way downtown, spreading joy and cheer along the way in the Guthrie Christmas Parade on Dec. 1 at 6 p.m.
After the parade, visitors can head to the post office to take part in a carriage ride.
Residents can also enjoy Guthrie's Victorian Walk Evenings with candlelit trolley rides, carolers in Victorian dress and decorated store windows.
Candlelight Trolley Tours will be held every Thursday through Saturday throughout the month of December, beginning at 6 p.m.
For more information, visit the Guthrie Chamber's website.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- O'City St. Patrick's Day Fest & Parade in Bricktown
- Remington Park kicks off season with Quarter Horse, Mix Breed racing tonight
- Magnitude 3.9 quake shakes Edmond, so far no damage reported
- Electrical issues may have caused fire at Life Church overnight
- Community working to save the ‘Teepee Church’ in Edmond tonight
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy
- Man accused of raping young child found in Oklahoma
- UPDATE: Man facing several charges for abuse after seven hour standoff
- UPDATE: No one injured in southwest Oklahoma City house fire, no cause confirmed
- Dogs wake man, save life in southeast Oklahoma City house fire
- UPDATE: Jackknifed semi backing up traffic on I-40 WB near S. Air Depot, leaking fuel