Victorian times come to Guthrie celebration | Arts & Culture
Visitors to Guthrie will be able to go back in time with a unique Christmas celebration.
"A Territorial Christmas Celebration" will consist of a live theatre production, tours of historic homes and live performances throughout the month.
The Pollard Theatre will present "A Territorial Christmas Carol: An Oklahoma Tradition" to get everyone into the spirit.
Guests can also watch as decorated floats covered in lights make their way downtown, spreading joy and cheer along the way in the Guthrie Christmas Parade on Dec. 1 at 6 p.m.
After the parade, visitors can head to the post office to take part in a carriage ride.
Residents can also enjoy Guthrie's Victorian Walk Evenings with candlelit trolley rides, carolers in Victorian dress and decorated store windows.
Candlelight Trolley Tours will be held every Thursday through Saturday throughout the month of December, beginning at 6 p.m.
For more information, visit the Guthrie Chamber's website.
Upcoming Events near Guthrie
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- House without power goes up in flames, 2 escape blaze unharmed
- School creates academy to teach about decision-making, community involvement
- Candle may be cause of early morning S.W. Oklahoma City house fire, no one injured
- Police: 24 children on board school bus involved in accident in southwest OKC
- Neighbors calling for action after cars crash into multiple homes